Monday, July 18, 2011

in the summer, in the city

I've been in a bit of a slump of late, with blogging that is. I started a handful of entries that I don't know how to finish or that aren't quite fit for publishing. Maybe it's because I've been working a lot or maybe it's because I'm sleep deprived (seasonal affective disorder, maybe). Anyway, It's been a lovely summer thus far. I haven't even minded the heat, too much.

Tomorrow, I'm headed to Salt Lake City for a little time with the fam and a reunion at Bear Lake. I am quite excited for the reunion because, I don't get a chance to see my Mom's family much these days. Thank goodness for blogs and facebook that keep us connected, but we need a little face time now and then.  

Also, I'm excited for some time with cat Zoe and baby Fifi (they have both mastered the art of being adorable despite some of their disgusting habits  - I love them so). And any trip to SL would not be complete without a trip to Rubios for some fish tacos, I don't know how they do it, I just know that they are oh so delicious. Finally, a hair cut by the lovely Claire (if you live in SL and are looking for someone brilliant to cut your hair for a very reasonable price, just let me know and I'll hook you up). Yep, I think it's going to be a good trip.        

2 comments:

  1. Have a great time at Bear Lake. Oh I wish I was going. Nick couldn't the time off, and I have driven that road before with THREE little ones, and I just don't think I could bring myself to do it with FOUR little ones. Just make sure someone takes pictures and posts them somewhere. By the way, I love reading your blogs, and I wish I was going to be seeing you and your family. If we were allowed to have favorites, I know the Olsons would be mine!! Happy Flying, Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. and look at that, you accomplished everything you planned to do. and you even had a little extra time for smoke bombs and a pedicure. it was so great seeing you! thanks for coming to my weird dance thing, love you!

    ReplyDelete