Wednesday, June 15, 2011

the best thing to happen to summer since the sprinkler

Summer has been here for a few weeks now and though it won't be official for another few days, I'm ready for fall.  No, not really.  While I could go without the heat, the fun is just getting started.  There are watermelons to eat, popsicle and fireworks to enjoy.  And above all, So You Think You Can Dance is back.  Which is indubitably the best thing to happen to Summer since the sprinkler.

 
The past couple of weeks have been filled with all the manufactured drama of the auditions.  While there are some funny moments and impressive dancing, it's mostly lame and completely over-dramatic.  As much as I love this show, I hate the auditions.  The only thing I hate more than the auditions, is the way they are produced. 

Last thursday they introduced the top 20 and I think that it's going to be a good season.  I haven't chosen any favorites (neither personal favorites not predictions for winners) yet because I refuse to buy into to all that aforementioned drama and sentimentality.  But I am really excited to see them all dance tonight.  (I'm pretty sure it'd be sacrilegious to pray that my DVR will record like it's supposed to so I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment