Monday, September 20, 2010

Greetings from Springfield

Springfield, Virginia, that is.  That's right, I did it.  I moved to Virginia.  And I am so glad that I did.  

It's been over a month now since my job ended and since then I have been living up the funemployment.  I spent my first week of funemployment packing and tying up loose ends in Fairbanks before flying south to SLC.  

The largest of those loose ends was my car.  I had to unload it before I left and it seems that I had the least desirable car in Fairbanks.  Turns out, nobody likes little cars with standard transmissions in Alaska.  Or at least, they aren't willing to pay much for them.  After accepting that I was going to take a big loss on the car and dropping the price considerably, I was finally able to find a buyer.  No sooner had I found said buyer than my car decided that in protest it would overheat on the highway on a Saturday evening.  Why do cars always break down on Saturday night? [grumble, grumble]  

Well, all's well that ends well and I was able to sell my car and all my stuff packed just in time to catch my flight home.  (Special thanks to my dear friend Melanie who helped me clean and got me to the airport - you're awesome!)    

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment