Monday, April 12, 2010

little miracles make life sweet

I had a moderately successful Saturday.  I spent most of the day cleaning my room - in hopes that in the cleaning I would find my rogue W-2 form.  I wasn't quite frantic yet, but I knew I had to find it soon or figure out how to get a duplicate.  I had just about given up when I had to leave to go do my visiting teaching*.  My companion is a rockstar and is really good about making sure we get it done. (note: the month isn't even half over here folks.) We had some nice visits with the a couple of the girls that we are assigned to and talked a bit about personal revelation.  In the middle of one of these said visits, a thought popped into my head: you need to look in the drawers of your night stand. When I went home I opened the top drawer of my nightstand and within seconds, I had my W-2 in hand. 

Maybe I just needed to step away from the problem for a minute for my brain to remember where I'd put that little piece of mail months previously. However, I'd rather give credit where credit is due - it was the spirit that helped me remember.  I'd been looking for this form for a quite a while but the spirit helped me find it when I needed it, when I was doing what I was supposed to be doing.  

So now I can say that my room is clean (disaster zone downgraded) and my taxes are done.  Taxes may be a lame way to spend a Saturday night but it feels really good to finally have them done.  (Added bonus: my tax refund will more than pay for my birthday trip that I took last week.)  

I am grateful for the miracles great and small that make my life sweet and give me hope.

* The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has a program called visiting teaching; in which the women of the church are partnered up and assigned other women to visit every month.  It is a simple system to watch out for everyone and to learn from one another.  

1 comment: