Tuesday, November 8, 2011

the world of lovely things


Every Saturday there is a farmers market and flea market in my neighborhood. And you wouldn't believe the some of the amazing things I find there. Last Saturday I picked up a quarter of a loaf of rye sourdough bread that rivals the best stuff I ever ate in Finland. It is so good.

I often talk myself out of my greatest finds but a couple of weeks ago I decided to treat myself (Tom and Donna style) and purchased this. A lovely clipping from the Lady's Home Journal, circa 1918. I love fell in love with the colors and the style. The texts is pretty amazing too. I wanted it and I bought it.

The World of Lovely Things  
What is Newest and Loveliest in It

Some of the Happy Results of our Shopping
Lovely Aren't They? - and So Easily Made When They are Not Buyable.

Some of the Many Attractive Accessories
Which Complete Our New Costumes and Gladden Our Old
(on the back)
And This Wold of Lovely Things has certainly gladdened my wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment