Thursday, December 1, 2011

it's gonna be a good day

I'm going to try not to sound smug* as I describe the total joy that filled me when I woke up this morning on the first of December to sunlight streaming through my window. Such a sublime moment and a true blessing for this seasonally affected girl. Nothing like sunshine to coax me out bed on a chilly morning. I contemplated digging out my sunglasses as I walked to the metro but risked the eye damage to take it all in. There is simply nothing better than a crisp sunny morning. The newly hung Christmas decorations looked out of place in the bright morning light but by the time I walk home, they'll twinkle like stars in the dark winter's night.

And when a handsome gentlemen gave me his seat on the metro, I thought to myself, "yep, today is going to be a good day."

*Sorry Alaskans and others who are not as meteorologically blessed - you're in my prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Holidays!!! Just wanted you to know that I am still keeping tabs on you :) Love, Rachel

    ReplyDelete