Wednesday, January 4, 2012

countdown to downton

Season 2 of Downton Abbey starts this Sunday and it's all I can think about. I watched the last episode of season 1 a couple of nights ago and was reminded of what I already knew, it's possibly the best thing I've ever seen on television. You can find the official countdown here. And you'll see that I'm quite serious.

Season 1 ended with the receipt of a telegram by the Earl of Grantham (patriarch of the Crawley family) in the middle of a garden party that England was at war with Germany, a war which would come to be known as World War I.

If you haven't watched season 1 yet, you've still got time. It's only 4 episodes long and can be watched online here and may be aired in its entirety before the the airing of the season 2 premier on Sunday night. I promise that you won't be disapointed.

And if you're wondering, where they came up with some of these plot lines that boarder on the outrageous? Sometimes life is stranger than fiction, check this out.

Finally, because I've watched it a dozen times and may watch it a dozen more before Sunday, the preview for season 2.


No comments:

Post a Comment