Friday, January 6, 2012

it's that time of year

Well, it was bound to happen. I've run out of things to say. Today marks the end of Christmas - if you celebrate the 12 days of Christmas starting on the 25th. So, tomorrow I will take down the lights off bush in the front yard, trash my poinsettia (I hate to through a plant in the garbage, what else is to be done with the thing?) and think forward to spring.

If you consult Wikipedia - source of all trivial knowledge, it turns out that there are a number of different days that dedicated for taking down Christmas. Some cultures wait until Candlemas on February 2nd, which I feel is useful knowledge/justification for procrastination.

And as it appears that the 12th day of Christmas, or Day of Epiphany is often celebrated with cake, I may just help myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment